- Posted by admin
- On January 3, 2018
This Acer issue can arise due to various reasons such as defective found in the boot order settings, problems while rebooting the PC, partitions not set in active mode and hard disk failure. Below we have steps to fix device error in Acer
Steps to Fix device error in Acer
Step 1: Change the Boot Order Settings
The easiestway to fix the Acer laptop no bootable device error is simply to ensure that the first boot device of the PC is your hard drive. The first device in the order list will be the first boot priority process. If it is not then, select the hard drive which will comprise of the operating system as the first boot device.To have a proper check of the boot order, perform below steps carefully:
- Reboot the PC and then, enter the BIOS mode
- Go to the Boot tab and then carefully change the boot order settings to process a Hard Drive as first boot device
- Save all the settings made by you.
Step 2: Reboot the PC now and then, reset the Primary Partition as an Active mode
If the primary partition is not set as “active”, then there will no bootable device error taking place on the Acer laptop. So, users here need to give a try to reset the primary partition as active mode. Follow below steps carefully:
- Insert the Windows installation media which can be anything such as DVD disk or USB flash drive and boot from it carefully.
- Under the “System Recovery Options” or in the “Troubleshoot” section, just click the “Command Prompt” icon.
- Type the command as a “diskpart” and then, hit the “Enter” icon.
- Type the “select disk 0” and then, hit the “Enter” icon.
- Type the “list partition” text and then, hit the “Enter” icon.
- Click to choose the “select partition 1” icon and hit the “Enter” icon.
- Type the “active” and hit Enter.
- After you are done with all the above mentioned steps, the primary partition should be set as active mode once again and the “No bootable device.
- Restart the system now to check whether the issue has been solved completely.
Step 3: Repair all the corrupted boot files
To do this, perform below steps:
- Insert the boot disk first and then, boot from it carefully.
- Select your choice language as well as region and then, click the “Repair your computer” icon.
- If user are working on Windows 10 or Windows 8.1 or on Windows 8 installation media, then, make a selection of the “Troubleshoot” icon and then choose the “Command Prompt” icon.
- Click the “Command Prompt” icon now and type the below commands:
- Shut down the “Command Prompt window” and then, reboot the PC.
Related Blog: How To Fix Acer Error Code 651?
Connect us at Acer Customer Support Number for immediate solutions
Get connected to our technical team at Acer Customer Support Number dial +1-888-310-7073 for experiencing immediate solution to issues. We are reachable 24 hours to assist users in fixing up various Acer related issues and bring them the most advanced solutions at their desk.