- Posted by admin
- On December 18, 2017
The error clearly defines that users’ computer is incapable of searching a hard drive which is where all the data is stored on user’s computer. These includes files, programs, photos and many more essential data that are needed by users to work. There are other reasons to encounter these kinds of issue such as incorrect boot order placed, inappropriately partition placed which is not set into its active mode and yes hard disk failure is also one of the biggest causes of this issue. Check out following solutions below to fix Acer laptop no bootable device error.
Solutions to fix Acer laptop no bootable device error
Solution 1: Try out this solution to remove the error
Step 1: Check for the boot order problem
This is one of the simplest ways to get rid of the error where users need to ensure that their computer’s boot order is in accurate position. To check the boot order, follow below guidelines which is described by Acer Support Number technical team:
- Restart the PC device and try to access the BIOS menu.
- Now, navigate to the “Boot” tab and then, make a change of the boot order to enable the computer’s HDD listing in appropriate way.
- Save all the modified settings and then, restart the PC device.
Step 2: Check for partition whether it is set in “active stage or not”
This error may also appear if the primary partition is no longer set as ‘active’ state. In order to set the primary partition in “active” mode, users need to work with the disk part for running all the necessary commands. To do this, follow below guidelines that are as follows:
- Insert the Windows installation CD as well as DVD or even the USB is also needed to boot from the device.
- Now, go to the “System Recovery Options” or even click the Troubleshoot icon and tap the ‘Command Prompt’.
- Users are needed to type the “diskpart” and press the “Enter” button
- Type the “select disk 0” and press the “Enter” icon.
- It is advised by users to type the “list partition” and press the “Enter” icon.
- Here users will see a text displayed as “select partition 1” and press the enter button further
- At last, type the “active” text and hit the enter key.
Solution 2: Below we have another solution provided if the first one do not resolve the problem
- Here, users are requested to have proper check of the power connection as well as the SATA connection to easily maintain the storage drive inside the device while ensuring not to lose any data.
- Try to install the storage drive on another PC device, if it is goes undetected
- If none of the above method seems to be working out then, the motherboard may be the cause where there are various faulty components available in the storage drive.
Related Blog: How To Fix Acer Error V5-431?
For more such critical issues, dial us at Acer Customer Care Number for immediate results
Connect to our technical team at Acer Customer Support Number +1-800-393-9107 to experience world-class solution at your desk. We are available 24*7 hours to assist users in rectifying all types of Acer related issues in just one call. Backed by talented pool of technicians, tech support engineers possess deep knowledge about every minute to minute level issue and thus solve them from the core. So, feel free to connect to us anytime.